A Pilot's View

A Pilot's View
An Account of my Father's RAF Service as Spitfire Pilot during WW II

Flying Legands Airshow Duxford 2010

Friday 23 July 2010

Duxford Flying Legends Airshow 2010

10th and 11th July, I was able to visit the flying legends airshow at Duxford. This being my first visit to an airshow of this type, I did not quite no what to expect. My primary aim was to get a close up look at the Supermarine Spitfire. My father flew this iconic machine during WWII and has told me many stories of his experiences while flying in this country and abroad in Burma.

I was not disappointed and had a fantastic day. I was able to do the flight line walk which enabled me to get within yards of the aircraft that would later take part in the flying displays.

One Spitfire in particular caught my attention. Christophe Jacquard's Griffon powered PRXIX painted in 152 Hyderabad (F) Sqdn colours. This was the squadron that my father flew with in Burma and I was delighted to have my photograph taken with this aircraft. This was the highlight of my day.
Christophe Lacquard's Spitfire stands as a great tribute to all those who served with this squardon.

No comments:

Post a Comment